New to Barre
Here is what you need to know before your first class:
- Barre is very fast paced and moves through each transition quickly.
- Pay attention to the set ups and cues the instructor gives. This will help you achieve correct form so you reap all the benefits of each exercise.
- Each movement is to the beat of the music, move within your own range of motion or drop your weights rather than at your own pace.
- Keep movements small and controlled, think the smaller the better unless instructed otherwise.
- To ensure everyone has the best experience, keep conversations between one another to before or after class.
- Tuck: you will hear this word a lot in class. All it means is pull your abs in, slightly rotate the hips towards your rib cage and hold the core engagement.
- Always let your instructor know prior to class if you have any injuries or need specific modifications.
Looking forward to having you in class! Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions! ❤️